GeneralTo convert websites or HTML files to PDF with Online2PDF.com, you have to create a XPS or OXPS file first.
This procedure can be done with Windows 7 or later, without any additional software or installation. It's quite easy to create such a file.
Why is it not possible to upload an HTML file or just enter an URL?
The main problem is that websites usually look different in other browsers and they are often depending on the country and language. Some websites need requirements like plugins (Java, Flash) or parts of the sites are password protected or are only available after a login.
If you first save the website or HTML file as (O)XPS file locally on your computer, then the file is created directly from your browser. The main advantage is that all what you see is what you get. The website is converted just the same as displayed in your browser.
Create (O)XPS fileTo save the website or HTML file as (O)XPS, just follow these instructions (only Windows 7 or later is required):
- Open the URL or HTML file in your default browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome...).
- Go to File -> Print (or similar depending on your browser) or just press Ctrl+P
(don't worry, nothing will be printed on paper!)
- Choose the printer called "Microsoft XPS Document Writer".
- Click on "OK" or "Print".
- Now you get a file dialog window where you can define the location for your XPS file (Windows 7) or OXPS file (Windows 8).
- Choose a directory and enter a file name.
- After clicking on "Save", you have created a XPS or OXPS file.